Emergency Communication Hub
Communication services the library may offer: amateur radio, charging of equipment, computers, copiers, fax, Internet access, WiFi, office supplies, phones, printers, and scanners along with electricity, furniture, light, and air conditioning.
Selected key questions include:
- Can redundant and backup equipment be obtained?
- Are there adequate supplies to out-last the emergency?
- Is the infrastructure in place to meet temporary heavy demand?
- Do vendor/supplier pre-arrangements make sense? E.g., Install added phone lines?
- Do service points need to be re-thought? E.g., A designated special area for disaster assistance?
- Do staff need to be re-assigned?
- Should policies and fees be adjusted? E.g., should copies temporarily be free, or free to responders?
Consider each of the above questions for each of the communication services you offer.